Sarnath (L 25022'N. ; L 83001'E.; District Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh), renowned for ancient remains of Buddhist stupas, monasteries and temple , is situated at a distance of 9 K.m. to the north of Varanasi city which is well connected by road , rail and air.
• Museum Opening & Closing time 9.00 Am to 5.00 Pm (Closed on Friday)
• Excavation Sarnath Site Opening time Sun rise to Sun set.
• Entrance Fee-Rs. 5/- Per head
• Free Entry for children below the age of 15 years
(Free Entry fees children up to 15 years)
• Guide facility available.
School who may interest in sending their students to visit Sarnath Museum. They may contact to Sarnath Museum's Office before 2 days prior to their visit.
Visiting hour for school to contact in Sarnath Museum's Office : - 9.30 am to 6.30 pm Except Saturday & Sunday.
Please have the following information ready:
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of date and time.
• Number of students and adults.